Dental Implants have several distinct advantages over bridges.
- Dental implants are tooth, gum and bone savers. That’s right. They save your neighboring teeth which become the casualties if you are having bridges. Bridges are supported over the surrounding tooth and often ground to help align and support the bridges. A waste of perfectly good teeth. Also, the extra stress on these teeth causes them to erode faster.
- The gum and bones are saved because it prevents the bone loss that occurs when there are no teeth to support for the jaws. Bridges and dentures cannot prevent the long-term bone and gum loss.
- They improve the looks, self-confidence, and self-esteem of the person. The implants are so much like your normal teeth and integrate with the structure of the bone. No one will ever know that you have a replacement tooth unless you tell them.
- No fears of tooth implant slipping out. You can eat and speak with confidence. They allow you to speak and eat with comfort and confidence. You can eat and chew normally. No worries about clicking sounds or wobbles that are the hallmark of dentures. No problems about other teeth getting damaged as with bridges.
- Dental implants are highly reliable and have a high success rate of around 93 percent with improvements being designed every year. They are the best option available for tooth replacement.
Why Bone Grafting Is Needed? What Are The Different Types Of Bone Grafts?
Bone grafting will be needed when patients have gone a long time without teeth and bone has eroded significantly. This bone erosion happens over time as nature finding no use for the jawbone gradually starts resorption of the bone and gum causing them to shrink.
Advanced bone grafting allows the bone to be rebuilt. After the jawbone has been rebuilt through grafting implants can be placed.